Thursday, January 29, 2009

PRINCESS VAN WINKLE

From a glitter glass coffin
she watches green spring burgeon.

Sun glazed soft sky, blue-white.
Clouds prick the mind with sharp light.

People rushing to and fro,
all with a mystery place to go.

But she...is trapped in death trance,
moon eyes alone join life dance.

All winter long content with just being,
watching, feeling, dreaming, seeing.

But spring comes shouting... DO!
Hot spice action lancing through

the misty, magic dark quiet sleep,
stirring blood from deaths keep.

Sun Fairies lift the lid and kiss a - twinkle
the sleeping Princess, Miss Van Winkle.


Linda McGeary
(c) 5.31.2000

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining me, in my fun, sometimes thoughtful, sometimes silly poems. I've been writing poetry since I was about 6 or 7. You can imagine what they were like. But that's when the urge to create came on me. I go through dry spell though and am hoping the blogosphere will inspire the desire to get back to it.
    Anyone joining me, or reading this, have a great day.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete