Thursday, January 1, 2009

QUESTIONS

When I was a child.

Mommy do you know...

How did the sea get salty?
How did the sky get blue?

How come I have blonde hair
and not black like you?

Where does glass come from?
Why is cotton candy pink?

Will I grow up to be as
tall as you, do you think?

Now that I am grown.

God can You tell me...

Why do people suffer?
Why can't You stop the pain?

Is it all left up to each of us
to make this world sane?

Where is the well of compassion
that we might go and drink?

Where are the words of wisdom?
What are we to do, be, think?

From my earliest days of memory
to my present form of thought,

I've been told God is the answer
to a world that is distraught.

Could it be that's only partly true?
The other part...is me, and you.


Linda McGeary
(c) 9.10.97

No comments:

Post a Comment